Do you like serving food so much? Do you keep updated with the new trends related to food, food recipes and food industry? Well, this job is perfect for you then. Starting a catering services business is so easy if you are enthusiastic about it. As any business, you need to know the exact steps that you will follow to start your business properly, gain clients and expand your business. Here are the steps that you need to follow to start your business properly.
1. What Food do you love most to make?
It is business that should be done with passion. There are many aspects that you should consider regarding your services.
• Day time foods like sandwiches, salads and tarts. If you like making these foods, make your business offer its services mostly around the lunch period. Choose the place of your business in areas crowded with schools and companies as students and employees will be the majority of your customers.
• Appetizers, finger foods, hearty entrees and a few desserts. If you like making these foods, specialize in parties, events and weddings.
• Desserts, cookies and cakes. If you love baking, start desserts-only catering services. You will not be hired a lot but you will do what you like and you will not buy a lot of equipment.
2. The menu:
The first point will make you decide easily a lot of things.
• You will know exactly the space of the kitchen you will need.
• You will know exactly what equipment you will need.
• You will create the most perfect menu.
There are some points regarding the menu that you should consider.
• Have different tastes for the same meal. For example, some people love spicy food other like non-spicy foods.
• Don’t put foods that you know you can’t make just to make the menu complete. This will affect the reputation of your place badly.
3. Testing your foods:
Have a party on the occasion of opening your business and serve your dishes. Ask the people attending the party for feedbacks about the quality of the food and the service. This will help you gain experience before starting serving food for your customers.
4. The Kitchen:
The kitchen of catering services is different from the home kitchen regarding the equipment and the space. These points will help you a lot to set up your kitchen perfectly.
• Buy the equipment according to your specialty. If you will specialize in baking, you may need to install two or three ovens. If you will specialize in fried foods, you need buy two or three fryers.
• Install two or three sinks especially if you will have a staff. It will make your kitchen run more efficiently.
• Where will you store your foods? That is a major concern. Buy more than two refrigerators and a walk-in freezer. It is kind of a necessity for your business.
• Now, have everything you will need. Buy the essential equipment like pots and pans. Store an amount of supplies and make a deal with food distributers companies to supply you with your needs on daily basis.
Opening a catering services business will be a fun if you love food so much but eventually it is a business that needs to be understood well before starting it. Have a plan and know everything before your start.