Who are the customers of box delivery services businesses? They are the people who cannot afford meals at restaurants but they do not have the time to make sandwiches at home so they will be just your customers and forget the eating problem. Also you will have customers who are employees and cannot leave work for some season.
You don’t need a lot of money to start this business. You need a vehicle and the customers then everything becomes easier. Of course you need some skills but these skills you can practice on them too. Let’s see how to open a box lunch delivery services business easily.
1. Your target market:
Find out where you will work and estimate the location. See if you can work from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. or not. Find out more about your competitors. If there are any competitors, it will be better but if they exist, find out all the information you need about them like how much they charge and what services they offer.
Ask the possible clients in the area about their satisfaction. Ask them about what they want and about the prices. You will use all these information if you want to be competitive.
2. Your business plan:
The perfect business plan consists of the following points.
• How much the business will spend monthly regarding the ingredients and the packing?
• The costs of transportation of the food to the customers.
• The costs of the insurance policy.
• The costs of the licences and permits.
• The costs of registering your business name with the state registrar.
• The costs establishment of a payment system.
• The costs of your marketing campaign. This includes designing a website and promoting the business through business cards, mailers and menu brochures. The marketing campaign may take a lot of money but it is totally worth it.
3. Make a deal with a grocery wholesaler:
You need to buy what you want to make sandwiches and lunches but you don’t want to buy for the actual price. That is why you need to make a deal with a reputable grocery wholesaler that will sell you all what you want for a price lower than the actual price. This will help you making profits easily instead of making your meals expensive to cover your expenses.
4. Designing a website:
Make it as simple as possible. List the meals that you make and make your customers choose and order. Take the online orders in certain period of time to be able to make them in the morning and deliver them in time.
The advantage of having this website is that you will make it easier for the customers to order food for the next day without forgetting to give you a call. The customer will remember to order food once he/she logs into their social networks.
Also you can add foods that are suitable for people who have some dietary restrictions like cardiac and diabetic patients.